Jubilant fans on Thursday in Dutse welcomed Jigawa Golden Stars FC, chanting praises eulogising the team.
The Team Manager of the club, Rabiu Tata, told NAN that their joy knew no bound as they would now progress to the premier division.
Tata explained that their success was as a result of hard work and determination, coupled with the support of all stakeholders.
He appealed for adequate funding to enable the club survive the premier league and even represent the country in international competitions.
Speaking at a special reception organized to welcome the team, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information, Youth, Sports and Culture, Alhaji Abbas Jahun, commended the club for its performance.
Jahun said that the purpose of the reception was to show appreciation and encourage the players do their best in the next season
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others