By Nabilu Balarabe
Auyo (Jigawa), Dec. 14, 2018 (NNN) No fewer than 378 primary and secondary schools teachers in Auyo Local Government Council of Jigawa have been promoted to their next grade levels by the Jigawa Government.
The Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) Chairman in the council, Alhaji Magaji Namadi, disclosed this while presenting promotion letters to the teachers on Friday in Auyo.
According to Namadi, the teachers must reciprocate the gesture by being hardworking and dedicated to duty.
“Show appreciation to government by maintaining ethical standard and avoid acts that will undermine the learning abilities of your students,” he said.
Namadi also appealed to the government to ensure that teachers promotions come as at when due.
“One of the best ways of motivating a teacher is through promotion.
“When a teacher is promoted as at when due, I assure you he will give his best and that will impart positively on his students,” the chairman said.
Responding on behalf of the teachers, Malam Mohammed Garba, expressed gratitude to the state government for the promotion.
He said that the teachers were ready to perform their duties effectively and would not betray the trust reposed in them.
Garba commended the government for the payment of their salaries and other entitlements promptly. (NNN)
Edited by Chidi Opara/Ismail Abdulaziz
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality
- I told Trump Turkey can’t scrap Russian S-400 system – Erdogan