The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Jigawa on Friday stressed the need for its caretaker committees at the grassroots level to strengthen the party’s unity.
Alhahi Isah Mungadi, the state Caretaker Committee Chairman, made the appeal while inaugurating the caretaker committee chairmen of the 27 Local Government chapters in Dutse.
According to him, the nomination of the caretaker committee members is based on the party’s constitutional provision, coupled with their track-record as committed and loyal members.
The chairman, who is also former speaker Kebbi State House of Assembly, said the committee is expected to pilot the affairs of the party for three months, pending the conduct of the party’s congress.
Mungadi mandated the chairmen to inaugurate other members of the caretaker committee at their respective localities.
He explained that the party deliberately refused to invite other members of the committee for the inauguration at party’s headquarters in order to reduce crowd, being part of the measures in the fight against the spread of coronavirus.
The chairman urged all leaders and members of the party in the state to continue to work together as a family in order strengthen the party at the grassroots.
Edited By: Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Censors board seizes, destroys illicit films worth N3.5bn in 3 years – DG
- Iran denies seizure of Venezuela-bound gasoline tanker by United States
- Delta SUBEB chairman urges contractors to deliver classrooms projects within 90 days
- FG moves to prevent job losses in Aviation sector
- German FM congratulates Israel on ‘historic’ mending of UAE ties
- Vietnam registers to buy Russian COVID-19 vaccine
- India’s COVID-19 death toll now world’s 4th highest
- Google stops responding directly to data requests from Hong Kong government
- SUBEB chairman urges Taraba teachers to be patient with Govt on allowances
- Go back to work or be sacked, Ebonyi Government tells striking judiciary workers