Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state said on Wednesday that the best way his administration would celebrate Democracy Day was to upgrade the living standard of citizens of the state.
Mohammed stated this in Bauchi in a message to the people to commemorate 2019 Democracy day in the state.
According to him, it will be done through the provision of critical infrastructure, ensuring sound education, stimulating agricultural growth and qualitative healthcare for Bauchi state citizens.
Mohammed described 2019 Democracy Day as “unique and significant in a special way in recognition of M.K.O. Abiola, the democratically elected president in 1993 general elections”.
He praised the heroism and dynamism of late Abiola for his examplary contribution to the evolution of democracy in Nigeria.
He said that Bauchi state as the “incubation centre” of politics in the country, would provide exemplary leadership anchored on the finest democratic principles and practices of good governance, transparency and delivery.
The governor called on the people to be vigilant and ensure that maximum cooperation was given to security services in their quest to maintain law and order which “are sine qua non for political development”.
According to him, peace and security are the bedrock of democratic development hence, it is necessary for the people to be law-abiding.
He, therefore, appealed to religious leaders to pray for the country, its leaders and peace and transquility to reign in the land.
Mohammed assured all citizens that in the coming years, Bauchi state would rank among the best in all spheres of development.
- Dismissed policeman in court over alleged extortion
- FEATURE: Governorship election: Checking violence, disruption in Kogi
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons