Kaduna State Government has completed the first phase of the ultra modern market being constructed at Kasuwan Magani in Kajuru Local Council in Kaduna State.
Facilities in the market which include police post, clinic, banks, fire service station, warehouses and administration block have been completed.
The Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Ibrahim Musa, who led newsmen on a tour of the market, said that the construction work in the market had reached advance stage.
The project, with a cost of over N2 billion, has 224,000 shops.
A representative of the construction company, Hamza Bello, said over 400 shops had so far been completed in the first phase of the project.
He said that about 80 per cent of the work had been completed and assured that the remaining work would soon be completed.
Some labourers at the project site expressed their commitment to meet the completion target given to them.
Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai launched the reconstruction of the burnt market as part of his administration’s readiness to promote equality in opportunity and economic development in the communities.
Edited By: Chidi Opara/Tajudeen Atitebi (NAN)
- Lagos Assembly proposes N20m licence fee for lottery, betting operators
- Lagos govt charges Lagosians to plant coconuts trees
- Edo unemployment rate declines to 19% under Obaseki’s job creation drive-official
- PDP reconstitutes Kaduna State caretaker committee
- Nasarawa Deputy Governor tasks journalists on investigative reportage
- Sales rep docked over alleged theft of employer’s goods worth N430,000
- Shop owners, traders lament as Kuje Council demolishes structures
- LASG reverses 10% service charge for trips on e-hailing platforms
- Unilag ASUU says no going back in rejection of VC’s removal
- Court remands 2 men over alleged serial robberies with knife, rape