The Kaduna State Government on Monday began a week-long sensitisation campaign on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of efforts to leave no one behind in the global campaign for sustainable development.
The SDGs State Coordinator in the state, Hajiya Aisha Mohammed told newsmen in Kaduna that the campaign was part of activities to mark the 2019 Global Week to Act for SDGs.
Mohammed said that the global week was an annual call to action for individuals and organisations across the world to accelerate action for the SDGs.
She said that sensitisation campaign was organised by SDGs Unit, Kaduna State Planning and Budget Commission to rally public support to accelerate the attainment of the SDGs in Kaduna communities.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the campaign started with SDGs Walk and Outreach to Command Children School, Dantunku Road, Kaduna and Government Girls Secondary School, Independence Way, Kaduna.
The team sensitised the pupils and students of the schools on all the development goals, what it meant for them and how they can be part of it.
“On Tuesday, Dec. 3, we will visit Badarawa and Sabon Tasha communities in Kaduna metropolis to sensitise them on sanitation and proper waste disposal.
“We will also carry out community engagement and sensitisation in Soba, Chikun and Kachia Local Government Areas of the state on Dec. 4.
“ On Thursday, Dec. 5, we will hold youth dialogue on economic and social development in the state, at Kaduna State University, while a capacity building for ministries, department and agencies would be held on Dec. 6.
“All these activities are specifically designed to carry everyone along, as part of efforts to leave no one behind,’’ she said.
Edited & Vetted By: Cecilia Odey/Tukur Muntari.
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry