Kaduna Pilgrims Board meets stakeholders to improve Hajj operations
The Kaduna State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board on Thursday met with key stakeholders to discuss on how to improve future Hajj operations.
During the meeting in Kaduna, the Overseer of the Board, Hussaini Tsoho, explained that, the aim was to rub minds with the stakeholders drawn from different fields and professions to discuss weaknesses and ways to improve future Hajj activities.
He said since the inception of Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai’s administration, the board has recorded achievements in running its affairs especially when compared to the past.
According to Tsoho, the board has never experienced government interference or dominance especially in the areas of nominating officials during hajj.
“Before now, previous governments usually nominate politicians as officials instead of professionals who are paid to guide Pilgrims,’’ he noted.
He stressed that employing professionals as officials have added tremendous value to the board especially in handling pilgrims are properly guiding them during pilgrimage.
The Overseer said that from 2015 to date, officials live and sleep amongst pilgrims and also eat the same kind of food served to them.
Also, the Director-General, Kaduna State Interfaith Council, Namadi Musa, said as a result of the commitments and hard work exhibited by the officials, the board had received award of excellence for operational services.
Musa disclosed that, Gov. El-Rufa’i has supported the board with all the necessary funds required particularly in sponsoring officials that usually guide pilgrims.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the meeting was attended by government officials, security personnel, Islamic scholars, environmental officers, food vendors and media.
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline