The Kaduna State Government has converted the sick Bay of the College of Nursing and Midwifery, Kafanchan into a 30-bed capacity temporary COVID-19 isolation centre in Jema’a Local Government
The 30-bed capacity temporary Covid-19 isolation facility in Kafanchan would service the entire southern Kaduna region until the permanent site proposed at the General Hospital, Kafanchan is built.
The isolation centre is equipped with hospital beds, ambulances with oxygen facilities, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs), and would be manned by four Doctors, Pharmacists, Health environmental Scientists, Nurses among other critical personnel.
Conducting the Jema’a Local Government Chairman, Mr Peter Averik, round the facility on Friday, the Medical Director, General Hospital kafanchan, Dr Samuel Kure, said the isolation centre already has on admission two corona virus patients from Zango Kataf Local Government.
Kure explained that the isolation facility would only diagnose and manage Covid-19 patients while the test would still be conducted at the testing center in Kaduna.
In his remarks, Averik thanked Gov. Nasir El-Rufai and the State Task Force on COVID-19 led by the Deputy Gov. Dr Hadiza Balarabe for the initiative, adding that the isolation centre would be instrumental in the fight against the corona virus infection in southern Kaduna and the state in general.
He advised the people to continue to strictly adhere to the Covid-19 safety protocols.
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza (NAN)
- Edo 2020: Crowds at rallies thrill Shaibu
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium
- Resurgence of COVID-19 on health workers worrisome — Minister