The Managing Director of the Kaduna State Water Corporation, Mr Sanusi Maikudi, has urged staff of the corporation to protect the agency’s facilities from vandalism.
Maikudi made this known on Thursday when he visited staff of the corporation at Ikara, Saminaka and Kafanchan water treatment plants in the state.
He said that the state government has spent huge sum of money to provide potable water to its citizens, hence the need for the staff to reciprocate the gesture by protecting facilities under their care.
Maikudi, who had paid a similar visit to Kaduna, Zaria, Kagoro, Zonkwa, Manchock and other water treatment plants, said that it was a continuous process.
He assured residents of the state of the corporation’s willingness to ensure regular water supply.
He explained that the current power outage in the state was a major cause of the water scarcity.
Maikudi explained that unless there is 24 hours uninterrupted power supply, water scarcity will hardly cease, saying that it was not possible to rely solely on diesel to pump water for the public.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy