The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission says it has established anti-corruption clubs across secondary schools and tertiary institutions in the state as part of efforts to sensitise against the ills of corruption in the society.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Ali Ismail-Husain, the Assistant Public Relations Officer of the commission, a copy of which was made available to the Nigeria News Agency in Kano on Wednesday.
The commission said it was specifically engaging the students on the menace of sexual harassment and extortion of money in learning institutions.
According to the statement, the prosecution of two lecturers in the state owned schools showed the impact of the commission’s enlightenment drive against all corrupt practices and tendencies in academic environments.
NAN recalls that a Chief Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday in Kano remanded a lecturer in prison custody while another was granted bail over allegations of sexual harassment and extortion of money from students to pass examinations.
, before Chief Magistrates Court No. 18, Zungeru road, Kano,” the read in part.
The commission therefore urged students and the general public to help it with credible information to enable the agency discharge its statutory responsibilities.
It assured the public of the commission’s resolve to give them necessary support and protection in the event of victimisation. (NAN)
Edited by Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality
- I told Trump Turkey can’t scrap Russian S-400 system – Erdogan