The Kano State Government has so far conducted 12,918 coronavirus (COVID-19) samples test, the state’s Ministry of Health disclosed on its official Twitter handle @KNSMO on Friday.
It stated that “a total of 12,918 samples of COVID-19 were tested in Kano State.
“No new case recorded from the 97 results received from laboratories as at Thursday, July 2.
“A total of 19 additional COVID-19 patients were discharged.”
It disclosed that the state had so far recorded a total of 1,257 confirmed coronavirus cases, of which, 228 were active cases, 977 discharged and 52 deaths.
The ministry urged residents of the state to observe safety protocols, personal hygiene and use face mask, practice frequent hand washing, as well as social distancing to stem further spread of the pandemic.
It also provided toll free numbers: 0909 399 5333; 0909 399 5444, 0800 268 4356 to call when in difficulty.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Kano State Government, on Thursday, announced total easing of restrictions imposed on the state, aimed at curbing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Edited By: Hadiza Mohammed-Aliyu (NAN)
- NAIC, AFAN partner to insure 40m farmers against flood, other disasters
- Lagos Assembly proposes N20m licence fee for lottery, betting operators
- Lagos govt charges Lagosians to plant coconuts trees
- Edo unemployment rate declines to 19% under Obaseki’s job creation drive-official
- PDP reconstitutes Kaduna State caretaker committee
- Nasarawa Deputy Governor tasks journalists on investigative reportage
- Sales rep docked over alleged theft of employer’s goods worth N430,000
- Shop owners, traders lament as Kuje Council demolishes structures
- LASG reverses 10% service charge for trips on e-hailing platforms
- Unilag ASUU says no going back in rejection of VC’s removal