The Kano State Football Association says it has suspended all local competition matches at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano, following a decision by its management.
“The association, in this wise, wants to appeal to the Kano State Government to put more efforts into renovating the stadium to meet the CAF standard before the competition begins.”
Buhari also disclosed that the FA would be expecting Kano Pillars FC to work hard to win this year’s Aiteo Cup.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Kano Pillars will on Sunday in Kaduna take on the Niger Tornadoes of Minna in the final of the 2019 Aiteo Cup competition.
- Live COVID-19 updates: Egypt’s cases surpass 20,000, with new record in daily rise
- Rwanda, U.S. sign agreement on military cooperation
- Fijian police seek legal advice to charge ninth COVID-19 patient
- China-Laos railway starts recruiting local employees
- Cuba condemns U.S. interference in China’s internal affairs
- S.Korea’s industrial output falls for 4 months over COVID-19
- Feature: Cubans strive to overcome effects of U.S. blockade amid fight against COVID-19
- UN rights chief urges U.S. to take “serious action” to stop police killings of African Americans
- UN agencies concerned about use of explosive devices against Libyan civilians
- Spotlight: Mask-wearing remains controversial in U.S. as COVID-19 death toll exceeds 100,000
- Mexico reports 3,377 new COVID-19 cases, 447 more deaths
- Visitors visit Panda Pavilion of Zoo Berlin in Germany
- S.Korea reports 58 more COVID-19 cases, 11,402 in total
- IOM deplores killing of 30 trafficked migrants in Libya
- Nigerian president orders military operations against gang attacks
- 2020 Boston Marathon canceled, to be held virtually
- Hong Kong’s prosperity, stability brook no disruption: spokesperson
- Commentary: China’s Civil Code a landmark law to protect people’s rights
- Baccalaureate students resume classes in Tunis, Tunisia
- Pakistan to establish national cell against rising locust threat: minister