Kano govt awards construction of Kofar Mata Flyover at N15.28bn
By Abbas Bamalli
Kano, Dec. 22, 2018 (NNN) Kano State Government has awarded the construction of Kofar Mata flyover in the state capital at the cost of N15. 28 billion.
The State’s Commissioner of Works, Housing and Transport, Mr Aminu Aliyu-Wudil, who signed the contract on Saturday on behalf of the state government said the project stretches over an estimated 2.5 kilometres.
“The project was specifically conceived by the Ganduje administration for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated to ensure commuter safety”, Aminu-Wudil explained.
According to him, “the project entails among other things, nine clovers – four at Kofar Mata junction, four at Ado Bayero road (Singer)/Ibrahim Taiwo road and one at Kofar Mata by Sani Abacha stadium.”
He added that “as you are aware, flyovers have become a vital part of mega cities like Kano, as a result of rapid urban development.
“Kano is an emerging mega city which implies that you have to constantly upgrade and provide new infrastructure like roads, flyovers and underpasses to meet the demands of the teeming population.”
He pointed out that with the new flyover, commuters would find movement into the old Kano City faster with reduced travel times and leading to less carbon emissions from exhaust fumes in hold-ups along the busy roads.
“We are going to witness an innovative project that will add value to the landscape of the state capital. It will be completed within a time frame of 24 months”, the commissioner said.
On his part, Mr Lin Zhengliang, who signed on behalf of the TEC Engineering Company, promised to complete the project within the stipulated time and according to the agreed specifications. (NNN)
Edited by Tayo Ikujuni/Maharazu Ahmed
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy
- Obaseki felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- Anglican Bishop counsels Nigeria leaders on good governance
- Ex-Minister, Tam David-West dies at 83
- Don wants students examine on use of standard English