Kano Nov.30 2019 Kano State Government plans to revive community sanitation committees across the 44 local government areas of the state to enforce environmental sanitation laws.
Chairman of the State Task Force committee on sanitation, Dr Kabir Getso, made this known on Saturday after monitoring the monthly environmental sanitation exercise in the state capital.
Getso said that based on the November sanitation, it was clear to him that people still need to be sensitised on the importance of the exercise.
According to him, the attitudes of many residents during the exercise, created the need to revive the community committees at ward and local government levels.
The Chairman, who double as the Commissioner for environment, also decried the attitudes of the commercial tricycle operators who failed to comply wuth the order on restriction of movement during the exercise.
He said there was absolute need to restrategise on the awareness of the sanitation exercise for people to realise its importance and make it a part of them.
“While reviewing the sanitation plan, there is need to include traditional and religious leaders into the exercise as key stakeholders and leaders of the grassroots. he said.
Getso commended the security agencies, media as well as the staff of various agencies that formed the sanitation task force commitee for their efforts over the years.
Edited & Vetted By: Edith Bolokor/Tukur Muntari.
- Leicester manager says he caught coronavirus but has recovered
- Gov. Obiano inaugurates 16-member committee for public procurements
- AfDB: Obasanjo, Jonathan, 13 other African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Brazilian Economy Ministry predicts greater GDP decline in second quarter
- English Premier League says using “home and away’’ venues remains its wish
- Police deploy 5,200 personnel for LG polls in Benue
- Federer is world’s highest-paid athlete, Forbes says
- La Liga season returns on June 11
- U.S. Illinois reopens as “stay-at-home” order ends
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 2 Indians
- 5.2-magnitude quake hits Whitianga of New Zealand: USGS
- Chile’s COVID-19 cases surpass 90,000
- Air Peace evacuates 301 Chinese from Nigeria
- Egypt sees highest single-day hike of COVID-19 deaths, infections
- 1st Anniversary: Sanwo-Olu virtually inaugurates 18 projects across Lagos
- AfDB: African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- Daily COVID-19 deaths hit one-week low in France
- NYC expected to start phased reopening on June 8, says New York governor
- Turkey’s drillship sails off to Black Sea for new mission