The Legislative Writers’ Forum (LWF), Abuja Chapter, on Friday presented a meritorious award to Mr Bege Katuka, the Chairman, Caretaker Committee of Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Mr Ogwaje Jomoh, LWF’s Organising Secretary, said Katuka was honoured for being the forum’s Best Chairman in Infrastructure and Service Delivery at the grassroots.
Jomoh presented the award to the chairman at the Kaura Local Government Secretariat.
He explained that the chairman bagged the recognition after the forum’s assessment tour of the 23 Local Government Areas of the state.
Jomoh commended the chairman for carrying the interest of the people above his personal interest and called for its sustenance.
Responding, Katuka thanked the forum for identifying with the developmental strides embarked upon by the council.
He said the achievements recorded were due to the level of partial autonomy given councils in the state by the current administration of Malam Nasir El-Rufai.
Edited by Mustapha Lamidi
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans
- Enugu Govt. targets 1 million children for Meningitis A vaccination
- Remain united, Gov. Wike urges ex-servicemen
- Border closure: Temporary pains for long term gains -presidential aide
- Yuletide: Ministry promises early completion of road repair in Edo
- Niger Insurance pays N1.4b claims in 9months, promises to settle outstanding soon
- Deafness: Specialist recommends regular check on ears
- Don lauds FG on Budget Circle
- Union seeks NASS intervention over stamp duties, fears job losses in NIPOST
- AAUA alumni inaugurates education trust fund for indigent students
- Improve your IGR, Adamu urges tertiary institutions
- Kaduna Govt. trains MDAs on key roles to achieving MDGs