First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev has recovered from COVID-19, the press secretary of the first president Aidos Ukibay tweeted Thursday.
The latest test of the first president showed a negative result on Thursday, Ukibay said, adding that in compliance with doctors’ recommendations, Nazarbayev will remain in self-quarantine, continue to work remotely and spend more time outdoors to get fresh air.
Nazarbayev, 79, tested positive for the coronavirus in mid-June.
As of Thursday, Kazakhstan has recorded 42,574 confirmed cases and 188 deaths.■
- Kwara Govt. lauds ophthalmologists for assisting blue-eyed family
- Malaysia’s chief diplomat fined for vaping in parliament
- Israel strikes Hamas post in response to incendiary balloons
- Sri Lanka re-opens schools amid COVID-19 caution
- NMA condemns disruption of election in Enugu
- Skills acquisition : Dangote refinery group, NDE train 200 Ibeju-Lekki youths
- Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung erupts for third time in a week
- Petroleum tankers drivers begin strike
- 4 drown in dangerous currents on Dutch coast
- NDLEA seizes 3,546kg hard drugs, arrests 205 suspects in FCT