Gov. Nasir El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State, on Wednesday, said his administration is committed to providing quality and affordable potable water across the state.
The governor made the commitment in Kaduna while opening a stakeholders workshop organized by the Kaduna State Water Services Regulatory Commission.
According to him, his government is pursuing a comprehensive water sector reform which is based on the principle and concept of integrated water resource management.
He said it was imperative for water consumers in the state to promptly pay their bills for services to be maintained, improved and expanded in line with the provisions of the regulations.
He advised the commission to liase with all stakeholders to actualize the framework put in place to subsidize and address water needs of the poorest and vulnerable people.
He tasked all stakeholders in the water sector to work together to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
El-Rufai particularly urged borehole drillers to work within set regulations and weed out quacks among them.
Earlier, the Executive Chairman of the regulatory commission, Dr Dogara Bashir said their responsibility is to regulate the water sector in the state so that residents can have better access to safe water.
Dogara said the commission has commenced building partnerships with relevant federal and state agencies to facilitate synergy and effective implementation of its plans.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- PDP supporters in Dogara’s hometown defect to APC, say former Speaker, their ‘political godfather’
- Rotary Club plant trees against climate change impact in Abuja
- NiDCOM chief mourns basketball player, Michael Ojo
- Beware of scammers, Ekiti varsity cautions admission seekers
- Senate President sponsors marriage of 100 less-privileged spinsters in Yobe, 200 more to benefit
- Edo 2020: Oba of Benin calls for peaceful campaigns, election
- NAF commissions 114 medics, as President Buhari demands absolute loyalty to Nigeria
- NNPC, partners resolve OML 130 dispute
- PDP State Congress: Smooth sail for all contestants in Bauchi
- Rotary organises free hepatitis, liver screening for Abuja community