Birnin Kebbi, April 16, 2019 Kebbi State government has confirmed the availability of 886,000 tonnes of fertiliser at subsidised rate of N5,500 a bag to farmers across the state to ensure a hitch free farming.
Alhaji Sani Dododo, the state government’s Spokesperson said this on Tuesday while briefing newsmen in Birnin Kebbi, shortly after stakeholders meeting on agriculture.
He said that the fertiliser would be sold to the farmers in the 225 wards across the 21 local government areas of the state at subsidised rate of N5, 500 per bag, instead on N8, 000 being sold at the open market.
Dododo said that the agreement on the sale of the fertiliser was reached after an extensive deliberation with the traditional rulers, All Progressives Congress (APC), LGA chairmen and members of farmers associations in the state.
‘‘The aim is to make the commodity accessible and available to farmers anytime they so desire and to have it at a more affordable price.
‘‘We have depots for the sale of the fertiliser to farmers in all the 21 local government areas,” he said.
The spokesperson reiterated the government’s commitment to continue its assistance to farmers through various interventions to boost agricultural production in the state.
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings