The Kebbi Government says it has trained more than 100 youths on bee keeping and wax farming in order to boost local economy.
The state Governor, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu, made the disclosure during a meeting with 21 local government chairmen in Birnin Kebbi on Wednesday.
“We have trained more than 100 people from different parts of the state on bee keeping and wax farming.
“We hope that more people will subsequently receive similar training after which kits, comprising modern techniques of bee farming will be distributed free to them,” he said.
Bagudu noted that Fulani cattle rearers, hunters and farmers are in the best position to embrace bee keeping in view of their knowledge about the behaviour of the insects.
The governor also told the chairmen to evolve ways of improving the economic status of their respective local government areas by empowering the youths to become self-reliant and shun drug addiction.
‘‘Our state is blessed with numerous agricultural products which when harnessed will boost the economic fortunes of the state.
“You should work collectively to enhance their production and alert government on the presence of any cash crop that can be cultivated as revenue earner,” he added.
Bagudu directed the chairmen to ascertain the actual workforce in their areas in readiness for the payment of the new minimum wage as approved by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Chairman of Birnin Kebbi Local Government, Alhaji Muhammad Kardi, who spoke on behalf of other chairmen, expressed gratitude to the governor for his support.
“The support have facilitated development at the grassroots,” he added.
- Wrongful death trial over ‘Walking Dead’ stuntman begins
- Israeli parliament set to dissolve itself, head into third elections
- House Democrats announce 2 articles of impeachment against Trump
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members