The Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) has stressed the need for its employees to perceive the company as a performance-driven organisation to boost their efficiency and productivity.
The Head, Corporate Communications unit of the company, Ibrahim Sani-Shawai made assertion in a statement in Kano on Sunday.
He quoted the Managing Director of the company, Dr Jamilu Gwamna as saying this at the end of 2018 one-on-one appraisal exercise with heads of various units of the company in Kano.
Gwamna said performance was a key tool in boosting efficiency, productivity as well as the platform for employees to grow their potentials in their fields or professions.
“It is necessary to state this so as to allow for employees to work harder to earn more while increasing the company’s capacity to perform with a view to meeting up with the demands of its numerous customers vs-à-vis guaranteeing their satisfaction.
“We are focusing on re-positioning the company through performance-driven measure. This is a symbiotic measure that benefits all partners involved.
“Performance is the tool that is often recommended for efficiency, effectiveness and productivity. We are adopting such to sustain our target and vision, “ Gwamna said.
He said if the company must stay afloat and strive among the best with regard to its mandate, it was the employees that must make the magic to strengthen that desired change.
“The performance-driven approach is an opportunity for employees, who are hard-working to get more pay, “ the managing director said.
He said as a responsible organisation that was committed to the welfare of employees, measures would be put in place to ensure that the efforts of employees to the growth of the company were properly documented for commensurate reward.
“We, therefore, seek the support of every staff in achieving the objectives, visions as well as the targets of the organisation,“ he said.
He expressed willingness and readiness of the organisation to partner with journalists to improve the company’s relationship with its numerous customers across its franchise areas.
“Because we are a media-friendly organisation; therefore, we solicit your co-operation and understanding in covering the company’s activities with regards to smoothening relations with all KEDCO stakeholders,“ he added.
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments