Ahead of the Kogi governorship election slated for Nov. 16, Mrs. Ramatu Aliyu, Minister of State for FCT, has called on voters to support the APC candidate, Gov Yahaya Bello.
Aliyu made the appeal on Wednesday in Lokoja when leaders of some political parties, under the aegis of the United Political Parties for Good Governance, paid her a courtesy visit.
Among some of the political parties represented were the Grassroots Development Party of Nigeria(GDPN), Democratic Alternative (DA), National Conscience Party (NCP), People Redemption Party (PRP), and Democratic Peoples Party (DPP).
Others are Advanced Congress of Democrat(ACD), Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), All People’s Party(APP) and Citizens People’s Party( CPP).
She emphasised the need for continuity, saying that the state would gain if Bello was given more years to consolidate on his achievements.
Aliyu thanked the political party leaders for their solidarity toward the victory of Bello, urging them to work hard to ensure victory.
Earlier, Mr Frank Okonga, the National Secretary of Democratic Alternative, who spoke on behalf of the group, had said that the re-election of Bello would enable him continue his good governance and consolidate on achievements.
He said that Bello as the youngest governor in the country had given hope to the youth of Kogi and the nation.
The Nigeria News Agency , reports that the minister had earlier met with APC ward leaders in Lokoja and enjoined them to mobilise support for Bello.
The minister also met with leaders of women associations, market women and cultural groups and equally appealed to them to mobilise support for the APC candidate toward victory in the governorship race.
Edited by Ephraims Sheyin
- Nigeria records zero death, 453 new cases of COVID-19
- Int’l Youth Day, Ooni wants Big Brother 9ija show replaced
- Atalanta’s dream ends with cruel late double strike from PSG
- Buhari mourns ‘Old Friend of Nigeria’, Walter Carrington
- FG to `punish’ States, LGAs over double taxation in mining sector – Minister
- Insecurity: Gov. Sule reiterates commitment to supporting security agencies
- CMD Lafia Specialist Hospital tasks NUJ on Health Insurance
- Ahead Councils polls, Bauchi govt dissolves LGA executives
- Insecurity : Monarch lauds Buhari for inaugurating Police training college in Nasarawa
- Banditry: Sokoto Assembly calls for reinforcement of security in Illela LGA