Further announcement of the results of the governorship election in Kogi has been postponed till 9 a.m. on Monday.
Further announcement of results of the governorship election in Kogi has been postponed till 9am on Monday, Nov.18 because of the non arrival of results from Lokoja and Ibaji Local Government Areas of the state.
The Returning Officer, Prof. Ibrahim Umar who made the announcement, said it would allow the INEC staff to sort things out and give other stakeholders rest.
Before the postponement , the incumbent, Gov. Yahaya Bello was maintained a comfortable lead ahead of Mr Musa Wada of the PDP and 23 other candidates.
The results of 18 local government areas had been announced while issues surrounding that of Dekina local government would be finally resolved on monday.
- 19 states ask NSCDC for Agro Rangers, says Commandant-General
- Norway urges commuters in capital region to wear face masks
- Obaseki inspects Sobe agric farm settlement
- ICIR to launch Africa-wide fact-checking hub to tackle misinformation
- Africa: COVID-19 cases pass 1.08m as death toll surges to 24,660
- Beijing imposes mandatory mask-wearing in schools
- Cleric urges Muslim to remember death, seeks forgiveness
- Zimbabwean President Mnangagwa sacks minister over alleged misconduct
- Fedpoly Damaturu plants 10, 000 trees to secure environment
- NAPTIP takes over 33 alleged victims of human trafficking