Gov. Yahaya Bello of Kogi. has approved the appointment of Justice Henry Olusuyi as the acting Chief Judge (CJ), of the state.
Mr Onogwu Mohammed, Chief Press Secretary to Bello, confirmed the appointment in a statement issued on Friday in Lokoja.
Mohammed said Olusuyi would function in that capacity pending the appointment of a substantive CJ.
The position became vacant, following the death of Justice Nasir Ajanah on June 29.
Similarly, the appointment of Justice Bayo Olowosegun as the acting President of the state’s Customary Court of Appeal by the governor, was also announced in the statement.
Olowosegun’s appointment also followed the demise of former occupant of the office, Justice Shaibu Atadoga, who died on June 22.
Both appointments are for an initial period of three months, the government disclosed in the statement.
Edited By: Nyisom Fiyigon Dore (NAN)
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium
- Resurgence of COVID-19 on health workers worrisome — Minister
- NGO empowers 40 rehabilitated youths in Kwara