By Ronke Asagun
Lokoja, Dec. 19, 2018 (NNN) The Wife of Kogi Governor, Mrs Rashida Bello, has called on female political appointees, wives of local government administrators and women leaders in the state to continue to support the Yahaya Bello-led administration.
Bello, who made the call at the ‘End-of-year’ get-together party, held at the Government House, Lokoja described women as playing significant roles in developmental issues in the society.
She also described 2018 as an eventful for kogi, adding that many of government programmes were beneficial to the well being of the people in the state.
The governor’s wife said the party was in line with the spirit of Christmas, adding that it was about giving and showing love, especially to the less privileged in the society.
Bello, therefore, assured the women that the Bello-led administration would continue to implement programmes that would guarantee and contribute to the wellbeing of the people.
Contributing, the Chief of Staff, Mr Edward Onoja, thanked the wife of the governor for remembering people at grassroots and the down trodden, especially in the area of health.
High points at the event include performance by some comedians like Ochebebe, Matte, John Bosco, while music was supplied by Alhaji Tijay Bala, Zulezu, Jumabee and other local artistes NNN.
Edited by Kamal Tayo Oropo/Dada Ahmed
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy
- Obaseki felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- Anglican Bishop counsels Nigeria leaders on good governance
- Ex-Minister, Tam David-West dies at 83
- Don wants students examine on use of standard English