Kogi Government says it will begin accreditation and issuance of licences to eligible schools, seeking registration in the state on July 9.
Mrs Rosemary Osikoya, the state Commissioner for Education Science and Technology, made the announcement at a meeting with the top officials of the ministry in her office on Tuesday in Lokoja.
She urged all prospective schools to visit the ministry’s website (moest.kg.gov.ng) to upload the necessary information about their schools and print the completed online application form.
”Attached the receipt as evidence of payment to the application form and the necessary documents to be submitted to the Ministry of Education Science and Technology for documentation and further processing,” she said.
She, therefore, urged all proprietors, heads of schools and key stakeholders to take note of this development and take the necessary action.
She enjoined the public to contact the office of Education Management Information System (EMIS) of the ministry and for further information and details.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the ministry had set the end of September 2019 as the deadline to shut down all illegal and substandard schools operating across the state.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA