Prof. Evans Asigwuike, one of the Collation officers in Kogi governorship election has rejected a gift of N50, 000 by a political party to alter the result of the election.
Asigwuike of the Dept. Electrical electronics, University of Abuja told news men in Lokoja on Sunday that the money was handed over to the Assistant Presiding Officer who in turn handed over the money to him.
He, however, said he did not know the name of the giver and his political party.
Ashigwuike is the Collation Officer for Igalamela/Odolu Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
Edited by Ali Baba-Inuwa
- Obaseki inspects Sobe agric farm settlement
- ICIR to launch Africa-wide fact-checking hub to tackle misinformation
- Africa: COVID-19 cases pass 1.08m as death toll surges to 24,660
- Beijing imposes mandatory mask-wearing in schools
- Cleric urges Muslim to remember death, seeks forgiveness
- Zimbabwean President Mnangagwa sacks minister over alleged misconduct
- Fedpoly Damaturu plants 10, 000 trees to secure environment
- NAPTIP takes over 33 alleged victims of human trafficking
- Bakassi council boss seeks Buhari’s intervention on resettlement
- Anambra: PDP endorses Nwobu led-state working committee