Speaker of the Kogi House of Assembly, Prince Matthew Kolawole has congratulated Governor Yahaya Bello on his victory at the Governorship Primary Election of the APC held in Lokoja on Thursday.
Kolawole, made this known on Friday in Lokoja, in a statement issued to the newsmen by Mr Femi Olugbemi, his Chief Press Secretary.
He described Bello’s victory as a well-deserved, adding that it was in view of the governor’s “monumental contributions in repositioning the party in the state in the last four years” that he got the ticket.
Kolawole appealed to the electorate to continue to have faith in the leadership of the governor and the APC-led administration in the state and national levels.
He urged the electorate to vote for the APC in Nov. 16 governorship election in the state.
Kolawole said that the issue of salaries has since become a thing of the past, stressing that it was heart-warming and good news to hear that August salary had been paid.
Nigeria News Agency reports that Gov. Bello won as APC governorship candidate to to contest the governorship election in Kogi at the end of the party’s primary election conducted on Aug. 29.
In the primary election witnessed by representatives of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Chaired by Governor Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa, Bello got 3,091 votes.
He also announced that Yahaya Odidi Audu polled 10 votes; Sani Lulu Abdullahi had seven votes while Engr. Abubakar Bashir had three votes.
However, Badaru announced that Hadiza Ibrahim scored no vote, Danlami Umar Mohammed, Yakubu Mohammed and Ekele Aisha Blessing also scored no votes at the end of the exercise.
However, Dr Tuner Irukera, one of the aspirants, held that the party primary election exercise fell short of acceptable norms.
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council
- Number of migrants landing in Italy more than doubles in past year
- Sodomy: NAPTIP arrests labourer for luring 12 children in Sokoto
- Council sensitises mothers in Badagry on rape, child abuse
- Always cooperate with government, RTEAN urges transport unions