Kwara assembly holds induction training for incoming lawmakers
Ilorin, May 9. 2019 Kwara State House of Assembly on Thursday began an induction training for the incoming ninth legislature of the assembly.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that the induction, which would last for three days, would feature lectures, discussions and mock sessions of legislative activities.
The Speaker of the House, Dr Ali Ahmad, while declaring the induction open, described legislature in a democratic setting as the last hope of the common man.
He urged the incoming lawmakers to ensure balance and transparency between the executive and the people who voted for them.
Ahmad urged them to ensure a rancor-free house as a way of consolidating on the achievements recorded by previous administrations in the state.
He said the induction was organised to prepare incoming lawmakers for the task ahead; and assist them get used to legislative business.
In goodwill messages, the Deputy Speaker of the house, Mathew Okedare, the House Leader, Hassan Oyeleke and the Deputy House Leader, Segilola Abdulkadir, advised the incoming lawmakers to sustain the good legacy of the house.
NAN recalls that all the 24 incoming lawmakers were elected on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development
- 200 naval officers commence small arms firing training exercise
- Namibia declares polling day a public holiday