Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq of Kwara has called on the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Mamman Saba, and the Chief of Staff(CoS), Mr Aminu Logun to always adhere to due process and be committed to public good at all times.
The governor made the call on Friday at the swearing-in ceremony of the duo at the Government House, Ilorin.
Abdulrazaq urged the new appointees to work with due diligence and refrain from activities that could dent the image of the administration.
He urged them to deploy their sterling qualities and wealth of experiences in the public service and see their appointments as public trust.
The Head of Service, Mrs Modupe Oluwole, commended the governor for carefully selecting trusted and competent personnel to run the affairs of the state.
Oluwole said the swearing-in would set the stage for the smooth running of the machinery of government.
Responding, the SSG thanked the governor for finding them worthy to serve the state and assured him that they would work hard to justify the confidence reposed in them.
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law
- Lai Muhammed, others bag honorary fellowship as tourism institute graduates 3,000
- Accounting profession not for corrupt people, says ANAN Chairman
- Gov. Ganduje presents employment letters to 920 newly recruited health workers
- Taiwan marks 40th anniversary of crushing of pro-democracy march
- Kaduna NUJ commends Gov. el-Rufai for ongoing urban renewal projects
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators