Kwara Government has set machinery in motion to re-position and strengthen the state’s Fire Service for effective service delivery.
AbdulRazaq, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Mamman Jibril announced that the government had rehabilitated the Unity Fire Station, Ilorin, promised to address challenges of the state fire service one after the other.
According to him, fire service delivery is a vital component of internal security and the issue of safety of lives and property occupies a major place in the programmes of the current administration.
AbdulRazaq called on citizens to prevent fire disasters in view of its ugly consequences.
In his remarks, the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Interior, Barrister Georgina Ehuriah, called on government at all levels to provide the necessary resources that would make the fire services in various domains better equipped to respond to critical service issues when demands were made.
She said the theme for this year’s conference, “Technology: An imperative for effective service delivery in the fire sector” was indeed very apt considering the vital role technology currently played in contemporary world.
Ehuriah explained that the choice of this theme, therefore, testified to efforts being made by the Federal Government to re-position the fire sector for more impact service delivery in the country.
The Controller General, Federal Fire Service (FFS), Alhaji Ibrahim Liman, said failure to comply with environmental laws, regulations and adherence to weather warnings still hampered effective response to flood disaster.
Participants at the meeting agreed on the need to empower fire service to create awareness with state development units to enforce building code across Nigeria.
- Wrongful death trial over ‘Walking Dead’ stuntman begins
- Israeli parliament set to dissolve itself, head into third elections
- House Democrats announce 2 articles of impeachment against Trump
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members