The Kwara Government has expressed its desire to partner with the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to boost the capacity of the International Aviation College (IAC), Ilorin.
Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara made this known in a state by Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, NAF Director of Public Relations and Information in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
Abdulrazaq, who made this known when he visited the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, at NAF Headquarters, Abuja, said said the partnership would position the IAC for better support to the aviation industry.
He said that the IAC would want to leverage on the NAF’s expertise and experience to improve its services, especially in the training of pilots as well as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) operators and maintenance crew.
He also suggested that the NAF could consider operating its C-130H aircraft from the 303 Medium Airlift Group (303 MAG) Ilorin since it has a hangar at the location, noting that this would further boost aviation-related activities in the State.
The governor commended the NAF for its immense contributions to the war against terrorism and banditry in the North East and North West of the country,
He said the NAF’s air strikes had significantly curtailed the nefarious activities of the criminal elements.
Abdulrazaq expressed optimism that, with the renewed tempo of operations, the enemies of the Nation would soon be roundly defeated.
In his response, the CAS expressed the NAF’s willingness to partner with the Kwara government to boost the activities of the IAC.
He noted that, while more work needed to be done to make the 303 MAG Hangar ready for use by NAF C-130H, arrangements could be made to emplace essential support equipment that would make occasional use of the facility possible.
Abubakar, however, said that it would be best to set up a technical committee, comprising members from the NAF and the Kwara State Government/IAC, to work out modalities for actualising the partnership.
Daramola said before departing NAF Headquarters, the governor was conducted on a tour of the NAF Aircrew Memorial Arcade, where he laid a wreath and prayed for the repose of the souls of those who paid the supreme price in the service to the Nation.
Edited By: Benson Iziama/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria