The Director of Public Health in the State Ministry of Health, Dr Oluwatosin Fakayode, said this in Ilorin.
He said the development was as a result of Gov. AbdulRahaman AbdulRasak’s release of N232m counterpart funds for primary health care, health insurance and children nutrition in the state.
He said that the sum of N1,432, 200 out of the sum had been released for the medical outreach for the state’s civil servants.
Fakoyode said that the screening would commence on Sept. 5 with the screening of the state Head of Service (HoS), Mrs Susan Oluwole.
He said that the screening which would be conducted by the unit would be done for all the state work force free of charge.
He added that the exercise was part of the core functions of the unit.
He, however, said that because of lack of resources, the unit had not been able to do in in the recent past.
Fakayode observed that Gov. AbdulRahaman AbdulRasak-led administration had been releasing funds for the take off of the screening since he assumed office.
Earlier, Dr Ajao Shuaibu, the Deputy Director, Occupational Health Unit of Public Health in the Ministry of Health, commended the present administration for the proposed medical screening of the state workforce.
He said that would translate into the state having a healthy workforce that would always be a productive workforce.
He explained that building a healthy workforce was a panacea to increase productivity in the civil service.
Shuaibu said that the unit would continue to ensure that the civil servants keep their work places tidy, maintain safe conditions and monitor occupational hazards and diseases for actions. (NAN)
Edited by Gregg Mmaduakolam/Peter Dada
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism