Kwara North All Progressives Congress (APC) Elders’ Council, on Wednesday, called on the Governor -Elect Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq to ensure fair and equitable distribution of political appointments in the state.
The elders in a communique jointly signed by Abubakar Mora, the chairman of the council, and Manzuma Abdulmalik, the Secretary, on Wednesday in Abuja said sure approach would quarantee unity ad strengthen the party in the state.
The group advised that Kwara North should get a the Ministerial slot, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Membership of APC National Executive Committee (NEC), and Speakership of the State House of Assembly.
They condemned some self-serving leaders for misplacing priorities of the area, adding that the plight of the zone would no longer be taken with levity.
The zone according to the group, gave an average of 82 per cent of total votes from the area in the just concluded general elections.
They said further that the region was not in contest with anybody or group of persons either within or outside the senatorial district.
The elders’ council also emphasised that equity and fair play in sharing of political offices remained the only key for building an all-inclusive government which the Governor- Elect Abdulrasaq is championing.
According to the group, getting the highly coveted ministerial slot and SSG position would ensure inclusiveness of the zone in the politics of the state.
- S. Africa reports more COVID-19 cases as country prepares to ease lockdown
- Mongolia meets all requirements to be removed from FATF “grey list”: finance minister
- Russian COVID-19 cases climb over 380,000
- Vietnam to import live pigs for first time against domestic price hike
- Thailand’s Pattaya beaches to reopen under social distancing rules
- Thai-styled massage parlors, spa parlors, beauty salons, fitness centers in Thailand to reopen
- Australia remains “on track” in fight against COVID-19: PM
- Ex-CBN director lauds MPC over interest rate reduction
- Fitch grades Mongolia’s rating at B with stable outlook
- OPEC daily basket price stands at 28.45 USD per barrel
- Nigerian troops rescue 241 Boko Haram captives in NE state
- Thailand to further ease restrictions, shorten curfew hours
- Kyrgyzstan adds 68 COVID-19 cases, total at 1,662
- S.Korea to push for import of remdesivir as treatment for COVID-19
- LASG seeks professional bodies’ collaboration to stop building collapse
- Group tasks NASS leadership on full implementation of `revised condition of service’
- COVID-19 positive cases rise to 13,659 in Afghanistan
- Playing to an empty room: Paris orchestra plays Strauss in COVID-19 era
- Uzbekistan’s Tashkent witnesses high temperature weather
- Indian researchers attribute mass mortality of bats to heatstroke