The Speaker of Kwara House of Assembly, Mr Salihu Yakubu- Danladi, has expressed sadness over the death of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Ward Chairman of Gwanara in Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara, Alhaji Umaru Kotosi.
Kotosi died in a ghasly motor accident on the Kosubosu – Okuta road after attending an empowerment programme on Sunday.
The Speaker, in a condolence message, described the late Kotosi as a loyal, committed and dedicated party man who worked hard for the progress of the state.
He said the late APC stalwart was committed to the aspiration of the present state government in delivering on its electoral promises to the people.
The Speaker said the late Kotosi was more than a loyal party man, but a patriotic Kwaran who lived his life in promoting party cohesion and pursuing the cause of a better Kwara.
According to the him, the people of Gwanara Emirate, Baruten Local Government Area and the state APC family were taking solace in the fact that he lived a purposeful life.
Yakubu-Danladi prayed God to overlook the shortcomings of the deceased, grant him eternal rest and give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
(Edited by: Angela Okisor/Mufutau Ojo)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse