Late Prof. Pius Adesanmi
NNN reports that Adesanmi was the Deputy Director of KWASU’s Abiola Irele School of Theory and Criticism, which runs every summer on KWASU campus.
In a statement from the university, the vice chancellor, Prof. Abdulrasheed Na’Allah, said the scholar and humanist would be gladly missed.
”It is with a heavy heart that I announce to our staff and students the death in the Ethiopian Airline that crashed in Addis Ababa on March 10, 2019, our own Prof. Adesanmi.
”He was the Deputy Director of KWASU’s Abiola Irele School of Theory and Criticism, which runs every summer on KWASU campus.
”And for four years now, he mobilised and taught KWASU junior to middle level senior staff, post graduate students at KWASU.
”Last year while leaving for Lagos in a KWASU car on his way abroad after the 2018 Abiola Irele Seminar, he was involved in an accident that caused injuries on his leg and arm.
”This man of passion, brilliance and a world renowned columnist, scholar and humanist served KWASU well and would be sorely missed,” Na’Allah was quoted as saying.
He added that Adesanmi was particularly very close to him since early 90s when he lectured at the University of Ilorin.
”And we worked together throughout his career; this is a blow for me and my family and my other close friends.
”KWASU joins his home University, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada and Nigeria to mourn this devastating loss! KWASU would certainly not be able to replace this wonderful patriot!
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA