The Kwara Chapter of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) has appealed to the state governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, to fast track the release of funds to the Sports Council.
The chapter made the appeal in a communique issued in Ilorin on Saturday after its Congress.
It said it was important and necessary for preparations for the National Youth Games (NYG) in September and the National Sports Festival (NSF) in April to start now.
The Congress also set up a seven-man committee to prepare a Position Paper to present to the Kwara State Government on sports development.
The body also conferred on the Chairman of Kwara United Football Club of Ilorin, Oladimeji Thompson, an honorary membership of the chapter.
While saying this was in view of his meritorious service to the association and sports generally in the state, Kwara SWAN also appointed him as one of its patrons.
The Kwara SWAN Congress also commended Thompson for helping the association to return to the construction work on its secretariat.
The association urged members to regularise their membership status and set November ending as deadline for payment of 2020 registration dues.
Congress agreed on periodic training and retraining of members to keep them abreast of latest developments in various sports events.
The body called on its members on various boards of state sports associations to be alive to their responsibilities.
It also urged secretaries and coaches of all sports associations to properly brief SWAN representatives on their programme of activities for adequate publicity.
(Edited by Abiodun Esan and Olawale Alabi)
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC