The Kwara South Youth Stakeholders has inaugurated a new state Executive and Coordinators for the 16 local government areas of the state that would pilot the affairs of the group for the next two years.
The Chairman, Board of Trustee (BOT) of the association, Mr Alabi Olalekan, at the inauguration of the new officials at Igbomina House, Olunlade area on Wednesday in Ilorin, enjoined them so see their new position as a call to serve.
Olalekan said the organisation was a child of necessity whose idea was conceived and actualised by a group of politically consciousness youth.
The BOT chairman informed that recently as a way of rejigging the composition of the new leaders and the local government coordinators.
In his acceptance speech, the new state Chairman of the association, Mr Olalekan Bashir, described his inauguration as a turning point in the annals of the association.
Bashir said the association was born out of genuine intention of providing a platform for Kwara South youths and a voice at the political and governmental levels.
According to him, the organisation means different things to different people, adsuring that his administration will bring positive change to the association.
He added that people of Kwara South were naturally known for their enterprise and ingenuity.
Bashir also promised that his leadership shall bring these sterling qualities to bear in their day-to-day running of the association.
In his Goodwill message, Mr Kola Shittu, who is the state Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the roles of youth in development cannot be overemphasised.
He, however, appreciated the support of the BoT Chairman, Otunba Olalekan Alabi, and some politicians in the state for their support.
The new executive officers include Bashir as Chairman; Wale Babatunde – Vice Chairman; Gbenga Bakinde – Secretary; Kola Adeniji – Asst Secretary; Shamsudeen Bada – Financial Secretary; and Doyin Fatigun as Treasurer.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Muhammad Suleiman Tola (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria