The Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Malam Mele Kyari, has charged the newly reconstituted Board of the Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC) to sustain an all-season availability of products across the country.
Kyari made the call in a statement signed by the corporation’s spokesman Dr Kennie Obateru, in Abuja, on Friday.
Kyari spoke while inaugurating the new board of the corporation’s downstream subsidiary at the NNPC Towers.
He said that PPMC was a vital asset critical to the delivery of the corporation’s constitutional responsibility of energy sufficiency to the nation.
“The PPMC is the live wire of our country’s energy supply system.
“It is not just a business, but a major strategic asset of this corporation operating in line with the provisions of the laws of the country which says that NNPC must guarantee energy sufficiency for this country,” he said.
He urged members of the new board to guide the company’s management in deepening its focus on commerciality for greater value addition to the shareholders.
He noted that its network of structure and competence for handling efficient products distribution nationwide were second to none in the country.
He commended the Management of PPMC for the recent encouraging performance as reported in the audited financial statement and urged the team to improve on it.
In his remarks, the Managing Director of PPMC, Mr Musa Lawan, said that the company under his watch would continue to focus on profitability and efficiency in marketing refined petroleum products.
He emphasised that energy security would continue to be a top priority as the company continues on the path of automation of its services.
The reconstituted board of PPMC is made up of the NNPC Group Managing Director, Malam Mele Kyari, as Chairman; Chief Operating Officer, Downstream, Ms Lawrencia Ndupu, as Alternate Chairman and Mr Ibrahim Bello, as Secretary.
Also,Chief Operating Officer, Upstream, Mr Adokiye Tombomieye; and Managing Director of PPMC, Mr Musa Lawan.
Others members are Group General Manager, Corporate Planning & Strategy, Mrs Oritsemeyiwa Eyesan; Group General Manager, Accounts, Isiaku Abdullahi; Executive Director, Shared Services, PPMC, Mr Kola Otitonaiye and Executive Director, Commercial, PPMC, Mr Naheem Adio.
Edited By: Emmanuel Okara/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- NEMA warns of likely flooding in 28 states, 102 local governments
- Trader arraigned on alleged theft of laptop, cell phones
- Minister appeals to NASS for improved budget for physical planning in FCT
- Rotary Governor tasks members on impactful projects for underprivileged
- Kwara community hands over upgraded NSCDC outpost, donates patrol vehicle
- Soil Science Institute partners ministry to enhance food production
- Tricycle rider docked over alleged phone theft
- Woman in court for allegedly misappropriating N144, 740
- Gov. Okowa felicitates Obiano at 65
- NLC urges Air Peace, others to reinstate sacked workers within 2 weeks