Kyrgyzstan confirmed 526 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, taking its total to 6,261.
From a total of 3,281 laboratory tests conducted within the last 24 hours, 526 were confirmed positive for the virus, Ainura Akmatova, head of the health ministry’s public health department, said at a news briefing.
Of the new cases, seven are imported, with the rest being contacts of confirmed patients, Akmatova said.
Among the new cases, 42 are medical workers, taking the total number of infected medical workers to 921, including 464 recoveries, she added.
Akmatova said that 87 people were discharged from hospitals in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of recoveries to 2,530, while the death toll reached 66, with four additional deaths registered.
Meanwhile, 735 people remained hospitalized, with 110 in serious condition and 24 in intensive care, while 2,903 asymptomatic patients are under home quarantine.
A total of 21,950 people have had contact with infected patients, according to the ministry.
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others
- COVID-19: FG warns as recorded deaths approach 1,000
- Minister task agencies on research patents
- Police vows to bring killers of Gov. Obiano’s aide to book