Lagos on Monday began Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) and Computer Based Test (CBT) into the state model colleges and upgraded junior secondary schools.
She said the CBT examination into model colleges would hold from July 15 to July 19 at the complex.
Adeleye said that BECE would hold from July 15 to July 23 in all junior secondary schools in the state.
“We are here today to start the Basic Education Certificate Examination for our students. It is actually the final examination normally held for them to transit from the junior to senior secondary school.
“Also, we have the screening test for placement of students into our specialised schools – model colleges and upgraded schools.
“Today, we are starting both examinations. The students have commenced the CBT examination and BECE is going on at the same time in all our schools in all education districts,” she told journalists.
The permanent secretary said BECE was also to determine students’ strength in terms of subjects selection.
“The examination has taken off very smoothly, the students are ready and at their designated desks.
“Those having the CBT test will be having mathematics and English language. The process has commenced, and everything is going on fine,’’ she said.
She urged parents to encourage their children to learn Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as well as provide all necessary support for them to excel.
Hassan said that 127 pupils opted for CBT mode of examination during registration and were shortlisted.
The registrar said that the pupils would be tested on mathematics and English language in a two-hour paper, each.
According to Hassan, candidates would not be able to cheat because the questions were randomised 38,000 times for both the CBT and PPT modes.
He said the board also randomhise answers in order to make it difficult for candidates to cheat.
He said there was significant increase in the number of pupils opting for the CBT mode since 2016.
“The importance of this is that we are now falling in line with the world. We are in the 21st century and everything is ICT driven; we don’t want to be left behind.
“Lagos State, being a trailblazer, has started it.
“The beautiful thing today is we are having it in a double way, today we kick-start BECE, a terminal examination for students completing the nine years’ compulsory basic education.
“The two examinations are running concurrently in the whole state today,’’ he said.
Hassan said the government had made provision for special pupils – physically challenged.
“We have also made provisions for children living with albinism; we have made their questions very bold so that they will not strain their eyes.
“We have made provisions for the deaf and dumb, we have interpreters for them for the PPT examination on July 20.
“We have made efforts to accommodate every special child during the examination,” he told journalists.
The registrar said the state government had approved the decentralisation of the examination centre to the five senatorial districts from 2020.
“We have 127 pupils sitting for this examination this year as against 77 pupils in 2018, while we had 52 in 2017 as against 30 in 2016.
“This is the last examination we will hold here, ’’ he said.
- NCS intercepts 3,593 kg of Marijuana in Kwara community bordering Benin Republic
- NCC, NIPOST to sign MOU on e-services
- Kogi Govt. devises new strategies to curb kidnapping, armed robbery
- China central bank sees limited impact to economy from coronavirus
- Commissioner advises practitioners in entertainment sector in Delta
- Plateau Assembly urges SUBEB to reconsider decision to sack religious instructors
- 2 men docked for allegedly stealing auto parts worth N2.8m
- KDIRS seeks Emir’s support to enforce N500 devt. levy, others
- Minimum wage: Labour, Plateau Govt. to resume negotiations soon – Official
- Kebbi Govt to spend N650m on Argungu fishing festival
- Nigeria to transfer technology to other African countries — NABDA boss
- Police arrest 10 alleged cattle rustlers, bandits informant
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya
- Anyaoku urges FG to utilise capital market to address infrastructure deficits
- Police arrest 10 suspected cattle rustlers, others in Sokoto
- South Korea fills vacant Wuhan consul general post to support citizens in epicentre
- Reps to investigate NIMC over identification number
- De-registration: IPAC inaugurates caretaker committee in Katsina
- Lawmaker calls for provision of portable water to constituents
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan
- 43 buildings collapsed in Nigeria in 2019 – building institute
- Police need to regain people’s trust to end insecurity-Oyo CP
- Ekiti to translate Amotekun law, others into Yoruba language
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack
- South Korean, UK diplomats discuss bilateral ties, climate change
- UN says ‘horror has multiplied’ for civilians in north-western Syria
- Member states, lawmakers slam EU budget plan ahead of crunch summit
- Trademarks registry begins digitisation to enhance activities
- World Bank approves $250m facility for Ogun
- Police arrest suspect over Assistant Director’s murder in Abuja
- Commandant urges journalists to stop demoralising soldiers fighting insurgents
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya
- 2 Iranians die after testing positive for coronavirus – Official
- Coronation Merchant Bank allays fears of naira devaluation in 2020
- Turkish court delays verdict in trial of 11 rights activists
- Ekiti partners World Bank to tackle ecological challenges
- Gombe to partner GBB on website standardisation in MDAs
- Maternal death: Kaduna communities appeal for health centre, bridge
- Turkey to probe judges involved in 2013 protest trial acquittals
- 700,000 metric tonnes of tomatoes required to meet national demand-NIHORT
- Ondo 2020: PDP only interested in credible candidate, not zoning – Ex-Dep. Gov.
- APC disassociates self from protest at Supreme Court justice’s residence
- Soybean dust investigated as cause of series of deaths in Karachi
- 26 make first class as Veritas University graduates 286
- GOAL Project, strategy to help adolescent girls acquire relevant skills, self-reliant- Officials
- SON advises firms on measures to boost consumers’ confidence, global competitiveness
- Ekiti govt. promotes 4,466 TESCOM workers
- WAPA to partner NAWOJ to train female journalists in Lagos
- IMF chief Georgieva urges G20 action on trade, climate, inequality
- DPR accredits Kano environment laboratory
- LASG to address poverty, unemployment
- AfDB earmarks $500m for 4 agro zones in Nigeria
- Military offensive in Idlib imminent, talks with Russia not satisfactory – Erdogan
- Pompeo in Saudi Arabia to talk Iran, economy, human rights
- Chrisland varsity VC seeks more efforts to promote women in science
- Universities need strong international faculties — Augusto
- I-G advocates local, international cooperation to secure Nigeria waterways
- Bill for establishment of Police Academy passes 2nd reading in Senate
- VAT increase : AGoF says States, LGs to get more allocation from February
- Man, 27, arraigned for stealing mattresses, bed sheets at public school in Ekiti
- Tourism: Collaboration with states will increase potential — NTDC DG
- Groups urge FG to establish National Tobacco Control Committee
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha
- NSE: Market capitalisation loses N9bn on persistent profit taking
- NCS, DSS re-arrest escaped suspected kidnapper in Kano
- Kwara by-election: 43,695 voters collect PVCs in Patigi LG – REC
- Aviation: Group urges FG to stop criminals framing Nigerians
- Cashew: Kogi partners association on economic diversification
- Lagos govt. promises to uphold sanctity of judiciary
- CCB boss seeks CSOs’ support on intelligence gathering against corruption
- Yemen landmine kills 6 in convoy carrying defense minister
- Ogun CJ grants amnesty to 21 inmates
- Korean’s Appellate court raises prison term for ex-President Myung-bak to 17 yrs
- Turkish central bank slashes key interest rate to 11%
- Commission tasks NASS on Water Resources Bill
- Germany to extend Afghan troop mandate by 12 months to March 2021
- Oluwo-Agbowu crisis: Yoruba youths seek Gov. Oyetola, Ooni’s intervention
- British government launches tougher immigration rules
- UN says attack on Tripoli seaport could have caused ‘catastrophe’
- UNIBEN VC showers encomium on Prof. Obika at retirement
- Onaiyekan Foundation urges students to stay away from religious bigotry
- AU-ECOSOC alleges AI sponsored to destabilise Nigeria
- Bill for establishment of Commission against proliferation of small arms passes second reading in Senate
- Police arraign 2 for impersonating Plateau governor
- Italy, EU lawmakers reject budget proposal ahead of key EU summit
- NESREA advocates private sector participation in waste management
- Gov. Bello inaugurates 15-man Civil Service Reform Committee
- Nasarawa perm. sec’s abduction: Police arrest 12 suspects
- KWASU MassComm students unveil digital newsroom
- NPA expects 22 ships laden with petroleum products, food items
- Food security: NIHORT trains 50 on tomato, telfairia value addition
- NAFDAC announces gradual phase out of paraquat in Nigeria
- Bayelsa Assembly elects speaker, deputy
- Man, 32, faces assault charge in Lagos
- Ondo LG to sanction cenotaph abusers
- Russia names exceptions from Chinese entry ban on coronavirus fears
- Piracy, other maritime crimes issues of global concern — Peterside
- Social Safety-Nets targets 2m households in 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event
- Police debunks viral video, not mastermind of alleged Dambam robbery – CP
- CSOs advise Supreme Court to stand by its decisions
- Police arraign 4 men over alleged cultism, possession of charms
- National Police Games to hold at 6 venues in Anambra, 2 neighbouring states
- Nollywood to premiere star-studded movie “Stepping into Maggie’s Shoe” in UK
- Assembly inaugurates committee on N2bn Zamfara Govt. House project
- Group calls for sustained investment in Nigerian youths to fast track technological development
- Okota Rotary Club donates radiant warmer to Isolo General Hospital
- Delta Commissioner for Education counsels teachers on integrity, credibility
- FG, States, LGs share N647.35bn for January
- NSCDC seeks traditional rulers’ support to curb illegal mining in Zamfara
- Projects: Kebbi Commissioner embarks on media inspection tour
- We’ll liaise with LASG to assist student hit by stray bullet- Council Chairman
- Ekiti Assembly promises to cooperate with new HoS
- Police arraign man over alleged N.6m fraud
- Court sentences man to 3 years imprisonment for forging registry stamp
- President Buhari commends Reps on Magazine launch
- Lagos lawmaker decries inadequate public schools in Badagry
- Hisbah arrests man over alleged alcohol smuggling in Jigawa
- Akeredolu tasks APC support groups on unity
- Be wary of online human traffickers, Group advises Nigerians
- Driver bags 1 year imprisonment for stealing phones, cash
- Court orders release of Dasuki’s International passport
- ESBA promises boxing bags, first aid boxes for Enugu State boxers
- KASU matriculates 4, 959 students for 2019/2020 academic session
- NAHCON inaugurates team for 2020 Hajj Operations
- Each High Court in Oyo handles over 500 cases-CJ
- Community leader urges FG to address farmers/herders conflict
- CPC confiscates 27 bags of adulterated hibiscus in Jigawa
- Mechanic bags 23 months imprisonment for theft, assault
- Jigawa warns against using pesticides for fish preservation
- SGF says call for sack of security chiefs inappropriate
- FIFA’s Wenger wants offside law changed to reduce VAR criticism
- Man, 24, allegedly steals N250,000 gold chain at Tejuoso market
- Gov. Lalong inuagurates 18-member committee on community policing
- California University trying to identify autism risk before symptoms
- Excellers Hitters wins District 01 Softball Girls Tournament in Ibadan
- Buhari enlarges NDDC Management Committee
- NFF denies appointing Amokachi head, technical crew
- Expert urges farmers to be wary of adulterated fertilisers
- Court orders CMD to prove suspect’s death, burial with documentary evidences
- China expels Wall Street Journal reporters over coronavirus editorial
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa'
- Fed. University Dutse secures 12, 000 pounds grant from British Council
- Statement by the United Nations Support Mission in Libya
- Zamfara Govt uncovers hideouts for stolen cows
- Lagos Marathon: NSCDC in Plateau commends personnel for excellent performance
- 52 first class students among 786 graduating — FUD VC
- Businessman in court for allegedly damaging N400,000 property
- Private Sector collaboration uncovers almost 8,000 TB cases in 9 months – IHVN CEO
- I released ‘God of Men’ to warn against fake clerics—Charlyboy
- 2 men in court for allegedly defrauding student of his N316,000 school fees, allowances
- Breach of contract: Court warns counsel in N20m suit against delays
- Court remands man, 25, for conspiracy, intimidation
- Paradigm Initiative selects Nigerian as pioneer Fellow of DRILL
- SERVICOM to partner Ministry of Health on healthcare service delivery – Coordinator
- Group takes investment campaign to Imo, woos potential investors
- Infectious disease: Expert calls for more investment in protective equipment
- Company manager docked for allegedly stealing N914,900
- Two Tier Split For Kenya Rugby Union (KRU) Women's Festival
- Alleged N1.3b fraud: Judge advises EFCC put house in order
- Unity: NGO involves NAFDAC on advocacy
- Court sentences trader to 4 months imprisonment for attacking friend with knife
- Experts explain inflation hike, anticipate further tightening by CBN
- NEMA alerts farmers on rainfall prediction in Niger
- Actors’ Guild sets up fund raising committee for Asuzu
- Don’t tell students about Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR). Inspire them (By De Wet Joubert, RS Components Sub Sahara Africa)
- Court to rule March 31 in application for contempt against Babandede, Aregbesola
- 4 men in court for allegedly stealing mobile phones from pedestrian
- Man remanded for allegedly defiling neighbour’s 9-year-old daughter
- Double Taxation: Tribunal fixes April 22, for adoption of terms of settlement
- Insecurity: CSO advocates emergency budget for Police
- Court fixes April 30 for judgment in case of father accused of testing daughter’s virginity
- CCD demands persons with disabilities access to INEC offices
- Court remands woman for allegedly biting, threatening to poison own father
- Council to prosecute fake seed peddlers in Gombe
- Excessive heat increasing cases of Chronic Kidney Disease among youths, says Nephrologists
- Association president urges ICT professionals to become certified
- Israel lifts restrictions on Gaza fishing zone after relative calm
- NUJ chairmanship aspirant pledges improved welfare for Nasarawa journalists
- No indication of coronavirus cases in North Korea – WHO
- World Bank approves 6 projects for Nigeria
- FUOYE set to commence distance learning in Criminology, Security Studies
- NGO advocates gender sensitive programmes to end violence against women, children
- Kwara Govt tasks sports stars to be role models
- MDXi to unveil first locally available Microsoft Stack Cloud offering at Nerds Unite 2020 in partnership with Microsoft and HPE
- N1.2bn tax error claim: Parties to explore out-of- court settlement option
- Land expropriations in South Africa would be ‘disastrous’ — Pompeo
- Pinnacle loses chairman, CEO at 66
- President Buhari presides over FEC as Ministries of Power, Trade make presentations
- Kebbi State is doing a lot to stop the spread of cancers -Hajia Bagudu
- WHO releases protective equipment against CoVID-19 to 21 countries
- Gov. Zulum disburses N100m to 10,000 households displaced by flood
- Invest more in infrastructure to boost tourism, Quest urges Nigerian govt.
- 4 die in mid-air plane collision in Australia
- Syria reopens Aleppo airport after 8-year closure
- Flood Prevention: Osun Govt. commences dredging of waterways
- Teach children self protection methods, Manager urges parents
- College of Surgeon: Mrs Bagudu makes case for Nigerian medical practitioners
- Hit-and-run lorry driver kills 1 on River Niger Bridge – FRSC
- 800 cruise passengers left in Cambodia test negative for coronavirus