The NCDC announced the figure in its COVID-19 Situation Report for July 13.
It said that Lagos accounted for 156 new COVID-19 infections out of the 595 cases reported from 20 states on July 13.
“This brings the state’s total number of infections to 12,583,” NCDC said.
According to NCDC, Lagos recorded one death on Monday and discharged 19 patients on the reported day, making 1,916 COVID-19 patients that have fully recovered from the disease in the state so far.
As it stands, Lagos remains the epicentre of the pandemic in Nigeria, with 12,583 of the 33,153 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country.
Also, data by the World Health Organisation Africa Region shows that there are 609,888 confirmed COVID-19 cases on the African continent, with over 305,000 recoveries and 13,474 deaths.
Edited By: Olawunmi Ashafa/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Ogbomoso community commends Buhari for honouring late premier
- NEPZA mulls incentives, loans for enterprises in Free Trade Zones
- Bauchi Emir reinstates Bello Kirfi as Waziri of Bauchi
- Police arrest 45 suspects for various offences in Borno
- Dubai Tourism didn’t ban Nigerians from UAE- Official
- Coalition decries attack on Gov. Zulum’s convoy
- IPMAN directs members to sell petrol at N150 per litre in Kano
- Senate urges states to partner NBTI for job creation
- FUTA suspends student who allegedly hacked Premium Times website
- Bale left out of Real Madrid squad to face Man City