No fewer than 28 political parties under the aegis of Coalition of Progressive Lagos Gubernatorial (CPLG), on Friday denied withdrawing and endorsing Babajide Sanwo-Olu, APC candidate for Saturday’s election.
Dr Francis Ajayi, Chairman of the group, said in Lagos that if candidates had intentions to withdraw from the contest, they would have made it known earlier.
According to him, those who claimed to be governorship candidates are hired and not candidates.
The endorsement took place at Excellence Hotel, Ogba.
“It is not true; we are countering the alleged buying of some governorship candidates for the sum of N100, 000 each, to step down.
“We are not for sale,’’ Ajayi said in a statement.
He advised the party in power not to toy with peoples mandate saying that the people had made their choices.
The group chairman urged electorate to vote wisely for a `stitch in time saves nine.’
“The people who collected that money are not governorship candidates; they are members of various political parties who claimed to be contestants.
“No governorship candidate like me who have spent his money to purchase a ticket for N3 million, printed posters and billboards will go and collect 100,000 to step down,’’ Okereke said.
Okereke said there were procedures that should follow should candidates wanted to step down.
He said: “if you want to organise governorship candidates to step down for you, you should do what other states did.
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court
- Drug situation in Nigeria, public health crisis — Health Minister
- NSE All-Share Index rises by 0.44%
- Healthcare delivery: Gov. Bagudu seeks better physicians, policy makers’ synergy
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending