Gov. Simon Lalong of Plateau has approved the appointment of Prof. Danladi Abok Atu as the Secretary to the State Government and Mr Noel Donjur as his Chief of Staff.
The appointments were announced in a statement by Dr Simon Macham, Director of Press and Public Affairs to the governor, and made available to Nigeria News Agency on Thursday in Jos.
Until his appointment, Prof. Atu was the Director, Institute for Peace and Social Rehabilitation, University of Abuja.
Donjur, the new Chief of Staff, is a former Commissioner for Works in the state and presently a member of the Plateau State Economic Council.
According to the statement, both appointments take immediate effect.
Edited by Abdullahi Yusuf
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council
- Number of migrants landing in Italy more than doubles in past year
- Sodomy: NAPTIP arrests labourer for luring 12 children in Sokoto
- Council sensitises mothers in Badagry on rape, child abuse
- Always cooperate with government, RTEAN urges transport unions
- Senegal’s COVID-19 cases surpass 12,000-mark with 160 new infections