The National Leader of the APC, Sen. Bola Tinubu, has commiserated with Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala-Buni and the people of Yobe over the death of the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Musa Nabaruma.
In a condolence message to the family members of the deceased, Tinubu also expressed his condolences to the family of the late chief judge whom he described as a courageous and diligent judicial officer.
The Chief Judge, until his death, was Yobe’s number one judicial official for 10 years, having been sworn in since 2011 in that capacity.
He died in an Abuja hospital on May 19, after a protracted renal disease.
Tinub said: “I received with great shock and grief, the news of the death of an illustrious public servant and a jurist of high intellectual repute, Hon. Justice Musa Nabaruma, chief judge of Yobe state.
“The late chief Judge was not just the longest serving in that capacity in the history of Yobe state, he was respected by all for his sense of justice, fairness, and equity,” he said
The APC leader said that as a judicial officer, the late chief judge discharged himself creditably.
“On behalf of myself and my wife, Oluremi, I wish to express our sincere sympathy and deepest condolences to Your Excellency, the Nigerian Judiciary, his immediate and extended family, as well as the entire people of Yobe state, on this irreparable loss.
“Our hearts are with you all at this moment.
“We pray that Almighty Allah grant his soul eternal rest, comfort his family and give us all, the fortitude to bear this loss,” Tinubu said.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma (NAN)
- Global film festival aims to bridge coronavirus distances
- Real Madrid forward, Bale, questions critics of golf hobby
- Katsina Gov’t investigates causes of unusual rise in death rate
- LIRS further extends deadline for filing Annual Tax Returns to June 30
- Man United in talks with Ighalo’s club over Nigerian star’s future
- Kano Govt. clarifies on ongoing work at Sani Abatcha isolation centre
- Ondo 2020: No automatic ticket for Agboola — PDP
- Zoho offers guidance on right software for non technology companies
- Forensic Audit: NDDC 2019 budget was padded with over 500 fake projects – MD
- ACCI calls for stronger Nigeria-India economic relations
- UNECA encourages Africa to invest on digital transformation
- Sanwo-Olu commiserates with New Telegraph over editor’s death
- EEDC warns against obstruction of power line, condoles with family of Nnewi electrocution victim
- France reports more than 28,500 coronavirus deaths
- Gov. Matawalle appoints new Emir of Kaura Namoda
- COVID-19: NCDC activates additional 2 labs, bringing total to 28
- Espanyol, Leganes offer free 2020-2021 season tickets to fans
- Lockdown: Anambra, Delta adopt strategies to check movement on Niger Bridge
- Putin reschedules WWII parade to June 24 after delay due to pandemic
- Gov Abiodun mourns Chief Imam of Egbaland, Orunsolu