By Awayi Kuje
Lafia, July 9, 2020 (NAN) Member, representing Toto/Gadabuke Constituency in the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Usman Shafa, has promised inclusive and quality representation in order to improve the standard of living of his constituents.
Shafa, an APC lawmaker, who is the Chairman House Committee on Health, gave the promise on Thursday, while playing host to members of the Karmo community from the Gadabuke Development Area of the state.
He said that quality leadership would not only enable the people of his constituency to contribute their quota to the development of the constituency, but would also improve their standard of living.
“I will continue to lobby for projects to different communities in my constituency in which you are inclusive.
“I want to assure you of quality and effective representation in the state legislature in order to improve your standard of living.
“I will carry every member of the constituency along, irrespective of their political affiliations, for development to thrive,” the lawmaker said.
Shafa has also promised sound legislature in order to provide the much-needed dividends of democracy to the people of the constituency.
He solicited for the support and prayers of the people of the area to enable him succeed in the task ahead.
The lawmaker also urged the community and the people of the state to support the Gov. Abdullahi Sule-led administration in order to enjoy more dividends of democracy.
Earlier, Mr Wakili Ajiya, the leader of the delegation, said that the visit was to felicitate the lawmaker on his people-oriented projects and assure him of their loyalty and support.
He also assured the state government of the community’s support to its policies and programmes. (NAN)
Edited By: Abiodun Esan and (NAN)‘Wale Sadeeq
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse