A member of the House of Representatives, Rep. Muhammed Kazaure (APC-Jigawa) has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to reverse the appointment of Mr Godwin Emefiele as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
At a news briefing on Wednesday in Abuja, Kazaure that there are better Nigerians that can do the job better.
Buhari had written to the senate announcing his renewal of Emefiele’s appointment as CBN Governor for the second term.
Kazaure said that the Buhari Support Group, Buhari Campaign Organisation and the Buhari Die Hard Group were not happy with the reappointment.
He said Emefiele has not performed well in office as Governor of the apex bank as the exchange rate between naira to a dollar has risen drastically from N180 to N360 under his watch.
According to the lawmaker, there are allegations of corruption involving Emiefele that are yet to be cleared.
“Emefiele was part of President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, the fraud for which some officials of the administration are being investigated were committed under his watch,” he said.
- NAPTIP takes over 33 alleged victims of human trafficking
- Bakassi council boss seeks Buhari’s intervention on resettlement
- Anambra: PDP endorses Nwobu led-state working committee
- Beirut blast: UNICEF appeals for $46.7m to reach 100,000 children affected
- Afghan Government releases 80 of final 400 Taliban prisoners
- Edo guber poll: Call APC Governors’ Forum D-G to order – Party chieftain
- NGO advocates early exposure of girl-child to sex education
- EU reaches first deal to buy potential COVID-19 vaccine
- Virus risk: N. Korean leader warns against accepting outside flood aid
- FITC initiates essay competition to reward young African undergraduates