Lebanese caretaker Interior Minister, Raya El Hassan, on Thursday, denied ordering security forces to use force against the protesters and journalists.
“Security forces resorted to the use of force because they were exhausted after staying in the streets for the past three months,’’ she told the journalists staging a sit-in near the Interior Ministry to protest the attacks against media workers covering the protests.
At the same time, Hassan said that army members and security forces had been humiliated and beaten during the protests, which have continued since last October.
Some photographers and reporters were attacked by security forces on Tuesday and Wednesday while covering the protests in Beirut.
Edited by: Halima Sheji/Abdulfatah Babatunde
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls