Security has been beefed up around the Enugu State Independence Electoral Commission (ENSIEC) headquarters in Enugu ahead of the local government elections on Saturday.
Nigeria News Agency, reports that the police mobilised their bomb squad unit to routes around the commission headquarters in Enugu.
Apart from other routine checks on anyone around the office, vehicles were also screened with specialised gadgets.
It was observed that as at 6 a.m, security agents had commenced general check on all vehicles in Enugu metropolis, including school buses and students going to school.
The security agents were strategically positioned at points around New Haven, Trans-Ekulu and Agbani road, all in Enugu metropolis.
Other places that they had security check points include, Independence layout, Asata and GRA, Enugu.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Donald Ugwu
Watch Live News
- 67 Osun returnees to remain in Lagos quarantine for 2 weeks — Commissioner
- Ojukwu Varsity teaching hospital trains staff on COVID-19 handling
- Lassa Fever: NCDC deploys health workers to hospitals in Edo, Ondo
- Easter: Gov. Wike relaxes restrictions on religious gatherings
- Coronavirus: Nigeria diplomatic missions abroad still discharge essential duties – FG
- COVID-19: Gov. Mohammed of Bauchi State tests negative
- Lagos launches COVID-19 website
- COVID-19: No decision yet on 2-month free electricity to consumers – AEDC
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 14 new cases from Lagos, Delta States
- LADOL donates to CBN’s CACOVID-19 fund