The Oye Local Government in Ekiti State on Wednesday said that it had commenced a proposal to empower unemployed youths in its communities.
The Coordinating Director of the Local Government, Mr Ayodeji Aluko, disclosed this during an interview with the Nigeria News Agency in Oye-Ekiti.
Aluko said it was quite unfortunate that graduate youths were yet to get jobs, while most of them had joined the motorcycling business to survive.
He said that part of the plan was to partner with some Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) who could help teach the youths ways they could use their talents to create wealth and become employers of labour.
” I wish to say that we are trying to partner with some NGOs who will empowers our unemployed youths, but we are yet to finalise the arrangements because of the ongoing house numbering in the local government.
” Why we decided to embark on this empowerment programme is to curb all forms of social vices among the unemployed youths in the communities.
” But hopefully, as soon as the house numbering scheme is concluded, we will finalise our partnership with the NGOs to engage our youths in various skills acquisition programmes,” he said.
The coordinating director appealed to the unemployed youths in the state to be patient with the government, adding that all of them would soon be engaged in various businesses.
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers