The Nigeria News Agency reports that items distributed to the security personnel at Pansheke and Adatan areas of Abeokuta included crates of eggs, catfish and vegetables.
Edun, who explained that the package was to touch lives in a special way, pledged that the exercise would be continuous throughout the lockdown.
He commended government for the lockdown, saying it remained the best way to check the spread of the virus.
NAN reports that the beneficiaries had expressed gratitude to the donor, describing the gesture as very rare.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Mufutau Ojo)
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Edo poll: AA, LP, ADC substitute candidates